After 25 years – and with internet usage approaching 3 billion people – the web has become a crucial part of commerce, social relationships, science and learning. As web inventor Tim Berners-Lee calls for internet users to “take the web back into our own hands” via a bill of rights, look back at key developments using our interactive timeline. More. . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World