Russian sailor Fedor Konyukhov finished his 16,000 kilometre solo voyage from Chile, South America, to Queensland’s Sunshine Coast on Saturday.
The adventurer rowed alone for five months to reach Australia in a purpose-built rowing boat.
But Konyukhov’s journey is not the only one to take place in Australian waters.
Whether it be by sail boat, row boat, or even paddle board, Australia is a popular spot for seafaring risk-takers. More. . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’