US seasteading group plans floating ‘microcountries’ with ‘start-up governments’
[Editor: Hey I always wanted to sail down the main street ! 🙂 ]
A US organisation is hoping a plan to create cities which float on the ocean will see them not only produce their own food but establish their own governments.
The Seasteading Institute says it hopes the floating microcountries will allow for experimentation with new ideas which current governments are too large to try. More . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’