Vessels of the mega-rich visiting NZ generated $40m-plus last summer, report shows.
A study of the superyacht industry has found visiting vessels generated more than $40 million for New Zealand last summer – which could rocket if facilities were expanded. The report found that during the 2013/14 season, 37 superyachts ranging from 24m to the submarine-styled 112m “A”, visited the country. More than $31 million was spent in the marine services sector and $8.25 million in the tourism sector. More . .
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse