Vessels of the mega-rich visiting NZ generated $40m-plus last summer, report shows.
A study of the superyacht industry has found visiting vessels generated more than $40 million for New Zealand last summer – which could rocket if facilities were expanded. The report found that during the 2013/14 season, 37 superyachts ranging from 24m to the submarine-styled 112m “A”, visited the country. More than $31 million was spent in the marine services sector and $8.25 million in the tourism sector. More . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World