Auckland’s 175th birthday is being celebrated in style at Anniversary Weekend on January 24-26. At the formation in 1840 of what was to become New Zealand’s biggest city, a small seaside party took place – but thousands are expected this month to attend a multimedia event at Queens Wharf and a free three-day party, including a concert performed from HMNZS Otago berthed alongside the wharf, with fireworks from barges in the harbour and from the Sky Tower. More . . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’