Auckland’s 175th birthday is being celebrated in style at Anniversary Weekend on January 24-26. At the formation in 1840 of what was to become New Zealand’s biggest city, a small seaside party took place – but thousands are expected this month to attend a multimedia event at Queens Wharf and a free three-day party, including a concert performed from HMNZS Otago berthed alongside the wharf, with fireworks from barges in the harbour and from the Sky Tower. More . . .
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse