The world’s oldest person, Misao Okawa, has died in Japan a month after celebrating her 117th birthday.
The nursing home where she lived in Osaka said she died around 7:00am (local time).
On the occasion of her birthday early last month Ms Okawa — a mother of three, grandmother of four and great-grandmother of six — was one of only a handful of people still alive who had been born in the 19th century. More. . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’