The world’s oldest person, Misao Okawa, has died in Japan a month after celebrating her 117th birthday.
The nursing home where she lived in Osaka said she died around 7:00am (local time).
On the occasion of her birthday early last month Ms Okawa — a mother of three, grandmother of four and great-grandmother of six — was one of only a handful of people still alive who had been born in the 19th century. More. . .
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse