Google has announced it will prioritise companies that have “mobile-friendly” websites when people use the search engine on their smart phones or tablet computers as of Wednesday.
As a result, businesses with desktop-only websites may find themselves plummeting in Google’s search rankings. One survey shows that more than half of Australia’s top companies are not ready for the change.
Test your site here
More . . .
- Are you smarter than a school leaver?
- Stars shine on silo art in epic road trip
- Cheap travel anywhere on Earth within an hour using new rocket.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian