Wool shorn off an overgrown sheep found near Canberra yesterday has set a world record for the heaviest fleece removed in one shearing, the RSPCA says.
The sheep, found yesterday, underwent a risky shearing operation to remove 42.3 kilograms of wool. More . . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World