Wool shorn off an overgrown sheep found near Canberra yesterday has set a world record for the heaviest fleece removed in one shearing, the RSPCA says.
The sheep, found yesterday, underwent a risky shearing operation to remove 42.3 kilograms of wool. More . . .
- Are you smarter than a school leaver?
- Stars shine on silo art in epic road trip
- Cheap travel anywhere on Earth within an hour using new rocket.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian