A menu for the last luncheon served to the first-class passengers aboard the ill-fated Titanic has sold for $US88,000 (about $125,177) at an online auction.
Stamped with a date of April 14, 1912 and the White Star Line logo, the menu included: grilled mutton chops; custard pudding; corned ox tongue; mashed, fried and baked jacket potatoes; a buffet of fish, ham and beef; an apple meringue pastry and a selection of eight cheeses.
More. . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World