The world’s largest single-masted superyacht, complete with its own seaplane, will sail into Auckland in February. Designed by renowned Kiwi yacht designer Ron Holland, the 75m M5 (formerly known as the Mirabella V) is now at Port Denarau in Fiji, where its 90m mast towers in the air. Last week, jeweller Michael Hill’s superyacht VvS1 was berthed nearby but at 34m was dwarfed by the massive sloop.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World