A cow has managed to activate an emergency position-indicating radio beacon (EPIRB), setting in motion a response by Canberra authorities and Northern Territory Police.
About 6:00pm on Saturday, monitors in Canberra detected an EPIRB signal emanating from an area north of the NT township of Adelaide River, about 3,000 kilometres away.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World