A cow has managed to activate an emergency position-indicating radio beacon (EPIRB), setting in motion a response by Canberra authorities and Northern Territory Police.
About 6:00pm on Saturday, monitors in Canberra detected an EPIRB signal emanating from an area north of the NT township of Adelaide River, about 3,000 kilometres away.
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’