The most powerful supercomputer in the southern hemisphere is being used to create a 3D reconstruction of the two shipwrecks involved in Australia’s greatest naval disaster.
After a short but fierce battle with the German raider Kormoran, HMAS Sydney sank in 1941 with the loss of all 645 crewmen.
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse