The most powerful supercomputer in the southern hemisphere is being used to create a 3D reconstruction of the two shipwrecks involved in Australia’s greatest naval disaster.
After a short but fierce battle with the German raider Kormoran, HMAS Sydney sank in 1941 with the loss of all 645 crewmen.
- Are you smarter than a school leaver?
- Stars shine on silo art in epic road trip
- Cheap travel anywhere on Earth within an hour using new rocket.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian