The world’s largest single-masted superyacht, named M5 is moored in Auckland, its towering mast reducing all others to look like matchsticks.
M5 has a soaring 90m high mast too large to fit under the Auckland Harbour Bridge. It is at the Silo Marina, which describes itself as “the premier home for superyachts in the South Pacific.” The yacht’s mast is just under a third of the height of the SkyTower.
- Are you smarter than a school leaver?
- Stars shine on silo art in epic road trip
- Cheap travel anywhere on Earth within an hour using new rocket.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian