American Luke Aikins has leapt into the void at 7,600 metres with no parachute or wingsuit, becoming the first skydiver in the world to land safely on the ground in a net.
Mr Aikins — who has done movie stunts — spent a year-and-a-half preparing the death-defying feat, plummeting at 193 kilometres per hour in Simi Valley, California.
More . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’