Take a tour of Australia’s newest research vessel—the 94-metre-long, 10-storey, $120 million RV Investigator. It’s as if this ship has invisible cat’s whiskers extending off her hull. Pricked and at the ready, they sense the weather, the temperature, the density of the atmosphere, the salinity, test the ozone levels, and map the course.
More . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World