Take a tour of Australia’s newest research vessel—the 94-metre-long, 10-storey, $120 million RV Investigator. It’s as if this ship has invisible cat’s whiskers extending off her hull. Pricked and at the ready, they sense the weather, the temperature, the density of the atmosphere, the salinity, test the ozone levels, and map the course.
More . .
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse