An Australian sailor is attempting to sail “the wrong way” around the world in what he hopes will be a record-breaking journey aboard his 34-foot boat.
Andy Lamont left the Gold Coast today and is planning to sail solo, non-stop, and unassisted around the world in a westerly direction. He said his world record attempt began with a childhood idea.
More . . .
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’