An Australian sailor is attempting to sail “the wrong way” around the world in what he hopes will be a record-breaking journey aboard his 34-foot boat.
Andy Lamont left the Gold Coast today and is planning to sail solo, non-stop, and unassisted around the world in a westerly direction. He said his world record attempt began with a childhood idea.
More . . .
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World
- Please don’t blow us to smithereens !
- The 10 most Australian values that make Australia so valuable
- New Zealand PM calls Australian immigration changes ‘disappointing’
- World’s oldest person dies aged 117
- Why losing a dog can be harder than losing a relative or friend
- Earth’s deepest ocean trenches contain high levels of pollution
- Hutt River Principality: Malcolm Turnbull declines ‘royal’ invite as Prince Leonard set to cede throne
- The man without a home.
- Why New Zealand is the best place to escape Trumpocalypse