Santa Claus’s helpers have been sorting out piles of letters from around the world, each detailing children’s requests for this Christmas, at his home in Lapland, Finland.
In English, Italian or other languages, youngsters’ handwriting adorns the envelopes addressed to Father Christmas, some decorated with colourful hearts and stars.
More. . .
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World