Melbourne in summer officially sucks, thanks to the plague of flies that has descended upon us. On Monday night, it was a cracking evening here in Melbourne – the mercury was still hovering around 28 at like, 8pm. So I thought, what better way to enjoy this blissful warmth than a nice stroll along Port Melbourne beach?
It was anything but blissful. In fact, it was downright stressful. Why? BECAUSE OF THE FLIES. THE FREAKING THICK SWARMS OF HIDEOUS LITTLE BLACK DOTTED DEVILS BUZZING AROUND YOUR EARS, STICKING TO YOUR SKIN IN FLOCKS.
More. . .
- Are you smarter than a school leaver?
- Stars shine on silo art in epic road trip
- Cheap travel anywhere on Earth within an hour using new rocket.
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian