Thanks to technology, the world is virtually accessible to everyone. If you have the money, you can take a plane and get to most destinations in the world under 24 hours.
That’s why it’s fascinating to think about how even the wealthiest couldn’t (or shouldn’t) go to certain locations. You have to be in-the-know, a head of state, a priest, or a native member of a tribe that hasn’t had contact with the modern world (don’t worry, you’ll see in the list here).
- World’s tallest sandcastle, standing at more than 16 metres, built in German city
- Groundbreaking projects vying for one of Australia’s top science prizes.
- Solo sailor arrives in Albany after historic Antarctic circumnavigation
- Are we sleepwalking to World War III?
- The most powerful supercomputer in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Emirates Team New Zealand win the 35th America’s Cup
- Cold War-era kits on surviving nuclear fallout unearthed by historian
- Are table manners a thing of the past … and should we care?
- Exploring Auckland’s west coast beaches
- Most Travel-Restricted Places in the World